Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday

Hey Guys!  After a terrible weigh in last week (thanks to a certain monthly visitor that lasted 9 (!) days) this week is much better.

First, as of yesterday, I crossed a milestone, I lost 20 pounds!  I feel like I've been waiting for this forever but it was just shy of 8 weeks.  My next milestone is to lose 10% of my weight, which hopefully won't take very long.  Then onto 30 pounds and on and on.  And maybe one of these time I'll drop a dress size!  So far my clothes are looser, kind of like, oh yeah they are supposed to fit like this.  I'm the queen of stretchy clothes so losing a dress size might take a while.  Seriously, it might be like Onederland before I need new clothes.  I do have a size 18 dress I really want to wear at our annual Christmas party.  That's still almost a month away so we'll see how that goes.


My weight loss for the week is 3.2 pounds.  It was one of those weeks where I had a loss almost everyday.  Those are my favorite weeks because you wake up to results.




When I started these weight loss thingies, I was using other people's photos but for the past two weeks I've been using mine.  Last weeks was a photo of an Adirondack sunset, my favorite thing to do every night when we are on vacation.  This week is a photo I took in 2004 when we were in England and this was in an amazing rose garden.  I weighed 180 pounds back then.  It's weird to remember what you weighed during your memories.  I was just coming up from all the weight I had lost down to 132.  I was so frustrated and so lost.  I couldn't get my eating under control and everything I had worked for slipped away from me while I watched.  It's really great to lose weight but it's scary when you lose a lot of weight because after you do this enough (and this will be the 3rd time for me) you know maintenance is really scary.  You can't go back ever to eating however you want.  You can have a meal from time to time or a snack but somehow you have to get back in control.  This is the part I worry about.  I should be worried about all the many many pounds I have in front of me but that's just time.  It's once I get there, I have to figure out how to stay there.  Maybe I count calories forever, that wouldn't be the worst thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lori and happy Thanksgiving! My son is driving to Greensboro from Wilmington today, so I am excited. :-)

    Do you read Sean Anderson's blog? http://www.losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com/ I ask because Sean lost a lot of weight, regained most, has relost it, and is keeping it off. I think he offers a lot of great suggestions and insights around maintenance. Good luck and happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how you feel. You work so hard to lose all that weight and it can really come back on faster than you could ever imagine. This is also the third time for me. And I also know how much I weighed during certain events, lol. I spend a lot of time looking at pictures from when I was near my goal weight and I remember still feeling fat and unattractive, like on our cruise in 2003. But now I think I was very pretty and quite sexy. I think that feeling of still not feeling good enough is what lead me back to my old eating habits. Here's hoping the third time is the final time for us both!

    ReplyDelete