Thursday, October 08, 2015

Weigh In Thursday

I started this diet on October 1st and for some reason I thought that was on a Wednesday.  All week I've been thinking, wow, Weigh In Wednesday has a great ring to it, what a happy accident how that all worked out.  But the 1st was on Thursday and Weigh In Thursday just doesn't have the same ring.

So, here's the deal.  I lost 1/2 a pound since yesterday so I'm going to split that half pound into 1/4 pounds because that's like nothing and give 1/4 to this week and 1/4 to next week and start Weigh In Wednesdays starting next week.

On to the weight loss.  I lost 4.05 (I know, .05, right?) pounds this week.  Pretty good start.  Whoo hoo.

Later in the game when I'm not so embarrassed about what I weigh I'll include my current weight, but not just yet.

Today is also my 10th Wedding Anniversary with Brian.  I thought it would be a bigger deal and we'd take a huge vacation (cruise!) but instead we are going out for sushi tonight at the most exotic restaurant in town (no joke, it's a pretty awesome place).

I weighed 204 pounds when I got married.  I could not lose a freaking pound for my wedding.  Most people drop a lot of weight before they get married and I gained a few pounds like an idiot.  The seamstress had to let my dress out on my second fitting.  It was humiliating.  The stress of planning a wedding on a teeny-tiny budget and combining multiple families and making sure no one feels left out really took it's toll on me.  And then we had constant rain the 3 days leading up to our wedding and had to move our wedding and reception the day before the wedding, it was nuts.  I'M EATING THESE FRENCH FRIES MOTHER!
 
But hey in hindsight, I would love to be 204 pounds right now!



Hey, happy sweaty couple.  Marriage is my favorite and your love for each other is pretty special.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!

    I hope I am not being "that" person, but have you ever thought about doing a Whole 30? My husband and I do them periodically-I love them. It is only for 30 days, and every time I do it, I lose about 10 lbs. But the best part is you eat really clean and healthy, your taste buds come alive, so you never feel deprived, because all the food tastes so good. You don't count anything, and I love that-but I know some people do really enjoy counting calories. My sister adores it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not saying I won't try it in the future but I'm really confident with calorie counting for now. I'll keep it in mind though.

      Delete
  2. I remember your wedding posts! Happy Anniversary! My husband and I celebrated 10 years in August. We went out for dinner, I think. We had grand plans, too, but he was in the middle of radiation treatment so dinner it was. Anyway, I am SO VERY HAPPY to see yo posting again--especially about my favorite subject--calorie counting, haha. Honestly, it's what's always worked for me when I need to drop a few pounds. I eat the things I want--just have to keep track of calories. Done and Done. Good luck!

    --Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope your husband is doing well.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe it's 10 years since you got married - I can remember reading your posts then and really feeling for you with all that rain. I even have a wedding CD in my CD stack!

    So happy you're posting again, and even happier it's a weightless blog. Just like the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you still have my CD? That's so neat. Thanks for the great comment, boost my morale. :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy belated anniversary! I also still have your wedding cd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking some time to write this post. With so many diet choices today, you might get lost and be confused about where to look. There’s Atkins, Jenny Craig, Fruitarian, Vegan, and a lot more. All these diets promise great results, and they all have pros and cons. Then, we have the Military Diet; the diet that promises results you can actually see in just seven days. See more http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/effect/what-is-the-military-diet.html

    ReplyDelete