Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday's Tale

Just like last week:  I had this idea that every Tuesday, unless something more important happens, I would copy a post or part of a post from my earlier blog days.

Yes, I've done this before.  Starting in May of 2002, I had an epiphany and began an online weight loss journey where I ended up losing about 67 pounds.   To recap, I started my old journey weighing 199 pounds (something I would LOVE to weigh right now).  By the end of week 2 I had lost 10 pounds and was in the 180s.  Wow, by today standards I was rocking it!

I chose this portion of a post because I think it's something that I think about a lot and I remember writing this the first time and thinking how true it was, it really resonated with me then and now.  This is in response to deciding not to go to the beach that weekend.

From June 2, 2002:
I wish I could have done it. It would have given me something to do this weekend. I feel rather weak that I couldn't do it. That I don't have more faith in myself as a person and my shell is just a shell. Changing the shell is fine but I shouldn't be so hard on myself in the meantime. I'm still a person. It's still me. I'll type with the same fingers when it's over, I'll love from the same heart, I'll kiss the same way, I'll still crave chocolate and consider it the best thing in life. I'm the same person and should love me however I am. 

 I just like how I write "I'll love from the same heart."  I think of that often when I'm watching TV with my husband and I know I'm overweight and I know I look terrible and I'm just hoping he can see past that and know my heart is the same no matter what weight I am.  When I re-read this post I knew it was the one.

I'm nervous about my weigh-in tomorrow.  My weight has been all over the place.  I don't trust our scale.  I was on my period this week and it's just been nutty.  I was smart enough to not weigh myself everyday, I've only weighed myself 3 times and that was because it went way down and then way back up and then today back to what it was on Saturday.

This eating late business worries me because I just feel like it affects my weight, not like long term, but for weighing in the next day.  I can only hope since it's practically every week that it will balance itself out, meaning I eat late every Tuesday so the scale will reflect that.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: Justnesting.  I'm trying to do a lot via Instagram since it's more graphic and short.  My blog is more deep reflection.  I discovered Canva and now I can't stop making graphics.  One of the things I really want to do is make Milestone ribbons.  As soon as I reach one I'll let you know what I mean but I'm very excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment