Wednesday, October 07, 2015

On The Importance of Planning

Every year Brian and I buy this local coupon book.  The most common coupon is buy one get one free and there's a lot of restaurants in the book from nice restaurants to fast food.  It helps us try new places and saves us some money.

Last night after Brian played basketball he picked me up and we grabbed the coupon book and decided to go to Sonic.  I had about 650 calories saved up so I thought I was doing really well.  I was even thinking about getting some tater tots.  Our coupon was for buy one sonic burger get one free.  I looked up the calorie information for a Sonic burger and about fell out of my chair.  Without cheese, the Sonic burger has 690 calories!  I hesitated but since I had the calories that's what I went with (otherwise our coupon wouldn't work).

And I like Sonic burgers, don't get me wrong.  But I like them about 500 calories worth.  It was just disappointing.  After I finished eating I wanted my calories back.  I thought of all the things I could eat with 690 calories and it would not have been that.

Today, for this post I looked up the information again and there's a Jr. Deluxe burger for 360 with all the fixins.  I remember I used to eat there when I dieted before.  I must have ordered the Jr. Deluxe Burger.

Plan. plan. plan.

2 comments:

  1. We don't have a Sonic, but I love my husband's grilled burgers. They are so much better than anything I can get at a fast food place, and have to be way healthier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Easy to control portion size and purchase a lean meat. And homemade burgers are just yummier.

      Delete